Search + Win

Friday, June 12, 2009

at the seasons end...

mountain closes on Sunday
we move down to Encinitas tomorrow
...
its been good...real good.


the seasons tarted out a bit bumpy but soon mellowed out
few rocks were thrown in here and there but I'm solid and crushed them senseless like that rock guy from never ending story...

Brooke's been probably the best roommate/friend/mom/shoulder/interpreter/food maker/yell-fest coordinator/cuddle partner(no homo)/slash defender any snow bum could ask for

i think our coming together as a duo has def made this season epic one
from our video chats while sitting next to each other
to our our new age whisper marathons via AIM...

besides all that I'd say 114 days maybe 115 of riding is a pretty good number to finish the last 8 months off with
epic pow days
weeks full of new tricks
free gear
free food
and free memories some good, some bad - still free so I'll take'em

its moments like this when i realize that even though i may not have the million dollar education my family wished they could afford for me
and I'm not wearing a suit and driving my nice car to the office

I've been doing what I've always wanted to do
snowboard

and i get paid
and I'm a professional at it
my job permits and encourages me to travel

most of my friends are just graduating (congrats)
or getting married
or having kids

and yeah at times i fee like my life is lagging but then i think about what I've always said
"you all have had to go through 4+ extra years to get to a point where you can possible start doing what you want. I've been doing what I've wanted to do for the last 13 years, and all i have to do to do it is wake up, gear up, and go to the hill..."

I'm thankful for the friends I've made and the friends I've gotten to know better
i have no regrets but I'm saddened by the people who chose to end friendships.
your loss

but I'd like to end this entry on a smiling note
Brooke, Avery, Eric and I are moving to Encinitas tomorrow
I'm sure, nay, positive the summer there with the four of us will be only a few notches down on the epic scale from this season.

more exciting blogs to come
and pictures
oh, man
get ready...the beach produces epic snapshots like drunk teenage girls produce abortions





here's a montage that Brooke made sums it all up pretty much...


enjoi.

No comments: